OVERNIGHT OVEN FRENCH TOAST
1 (8 ounces) loaf French bread cut 1 inch slices or hamburger buns/rolls can be used
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cups of half and half
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Butter a casserole dish (large rectangular one).
2. Fill dish with bread slices so dish is covered with bread.
3. Mix eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
4. Pour mixture over bread slices.
5. Refrigerate overnight (must hold overnight).
6. Make topping: Mix butter, brown sugar & corn syrup.
7. Stir in pecans.
8. Spread evenly over bread slices.
9. Bake uncovered until puffed and golden about 40 minutes at 350.
10. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Holiday specials starting at 97$ a night are still available, call for details (817) 489-5150