Mayan Chocolate Pecan Pie - A southern favorite combined with chocolate makes for a delicious Thanksgiving dessert
Mayan Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
• 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
• 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup dark corn syrup
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
• 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper(optional)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup pecan halves
• Sprinkle chopped pecans and chocolate chips into pastry shell. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter, liqueur, pepper and vanilla. Pour into pastry; arrange pecan halves over filling.
• Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Mayan Chocolate Pecan Pie published in Branson's Great American Pie Show January 2009