The offsite corporate retreat. People either love them or hate them, and it’s not hard to see why. Done correctly, retreats can be an effective way for your organization to bring about positive change. Done poorly however, and you end up with a wasted weekend and the possibility of making things in the office worse. It’s not an easy task to plan a retreat that is fun and productive, but MD Resort's professional planners can lead you the whole way.
Mayan Chocolate Pecan Pie - A southern favorite combined with chocolate makes for a delicious Thanksgiving dessert
Mayan Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
• 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
• 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup dark corn syrup
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
• 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper(optional)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup pecan halves
• Sprinkle chopped pecans and chocolate chips into pastry shell. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter, liqueur, pepper and vanilla. Pour into pastry; arrange pecan halves over filling.
• Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Mayan Chocolate Pecan Pie published in Branson's Great American Pie Show January 2009