Plan Your April Fool’s Day Pranks Now!
April Fool’s Day, All Fools’ Day, April Fish, or whatever else you name the first day of April, is always a day filled with practical jokes and pranks. Though the origin of this funny holiday is under debate, it is one celebrated by people all over the world. In France, it is referred to as Poisson d’Avril, or April Fish, referring to the old common joke of hooking a paper fish to someone’s back as a prank. In Rome, it is referred to as Laughing Day and is celebrated on March 25th. People in Portugal throw flour at friends to celebrate the last couple of days before the beginning of Lent. So, if you really wanted to trick your friend, you could celebrate April Fool’s early with the Romans and catch them completely by surprise!
If, however, you would like to stick to the more traditional April Fool’s Day pranks, here is a list of some funny ideas that would be great for family or friends.
- Add green food coloring to your milk gallon for a little April Fool’s fun.
- Wrap a rubber band around the sprayer in kitchen sink, and then wait for someone to turn it on.
- Unscrew the tops of the shampoo in the shower, cover the opening with plastic wrap, and then replace the lid. Your victim will not know what happened!
- Use wire cutters to cut the nail head off a small nail. Then glue it to the front of a small picture and attach a magnet to the back. While your victim is in the kitchen, take a hammer and pretend you are nailing the picture into the refrigerator.
- If you know an Oreo lover, replace the white cream with toothpaste for a minty-fresh surprise!
- Using brown paper, make several cutouts of the letter “E.” Then put them in a baking pan and cover with foil. Leave them in the staff room and tell your co-workers you brought brownies (brown E’s) to the office.
One final idea for an elaborate joke with a romantic twist, book a room with MD Resort for the night of April 1st and tell your significant other in the morning that you have a special surprise planned “to celebrate.” They will be trying to figure out all day what you are celebrating and thinking they have forgotten something. Then drive them to the Resort and say “April Fools! I just wanted to spend some time just you and me.” There is no way they can be mad at you for that!
April Fool’s Day can be fun for all ages, and the more creative you get the more fun it is, but be sure and start planning early because there is nothing worse than a poorly executed prank.