Why Wait? Elope with Your Honey Today!
How long have you been with your sweetheart? You two love eachother very much and have probably had the conversation about marriage, but let's face it: weddings can be expensive! Lucky for you, MD Resort has several elopement packages for you and your honey to have the wedding of your dreams without having to make a gaping hole in your bank account. If you need just an elopement venue, or maybe an all-inclusive ceremony and honeymoon, we can customize a package for your needs!
Take some advice from Rascal Flatts:
"Why wait another minute
For somethin' we should'a done yesterday?
I know a little church
With a preacher who could hook us up right away
Love don't need a reason
Baby I don't see how I could love you anymore than I do today
So why wait
Now I love your mama, let's save her some trouble
And your daddy won't mind if we save him a bundle
Girl it just so happens, that ring that you wanted
Well guess what I bought it
It's in my pocket baby, come on!"
5 quick ideas and tips for planning your elopement:
- Go with local and/or seasonal flowers - local florists may offer discounts for flowers that they already have in stock.
- Ask for an elopement ceremony - venues will often charge have a basic wedding charge intended for bigger ceremonies & receptions, so make sure the event planner knows exactly what you want to get the best deal you can!
- Get married on a weekday - since there will be relatively few people attending your ceremony, choose to have your ceremony between Sunday and Thursday for a special discount.
- Get the groom involved - big weddings can be intimidating for grooms. Small weddings and elopements are much easier to prepare for, so start your marriage by working together to create your wedding!
- Put your wedding online for those who cannot attend - even though you want to keep the actual event private, your friends and family will want to feel involved. So, have a video and pictures online for them to see.