Your $100 Holiday Gift from MD Resort!
MD Resort wants to spread some holiday cheer this season… And it can be YOURS. We would like to be a part of a very special holiday season for our guests. Help us spread the joy by calling and claiming your $100
$100 off a 2 night stay at MD Resort
$100 Gift Certificate: When you make and pay for a stay at MD Resort, you will receive a $100 gift certificate. Use it for yourself, or give it away as a holiday gift for a family member or friend!
This offer is too awesome to pass up! When is the last time you got $100 for picking up the phone? CALL NOW, (817)-489-5150.
*Offer expires 12/30/2012. All gift certificates will expire 4/25/2013. Gift certificates not valid Feb.13-18, 2013. Valid for stays Sunday-Thursday or toward an event 7 days/week.
5 Facts About Gift Giving
1. Giving gifts did not begin with Hallmark or Macy’s. Gift giving is an ancient tradition practiced by emperors, chiefs, and heads of state. The exchange of presents between leaders was customary even in tribal times. Gifts also marked rites of passage and accomplishments. Most celebrate birthdays, marriages, births and deaths with gifts and gathering together. Everyone knew that the power of giving a gift or talent brought good fortune back to them.
2. Gifting is an ancient social custom and genetic pattern. In early times cooperation was necessary for survival. If someone was helped, and didn’t return favors, soon the spirit of cooperation would die out – making life hard, if not impossible, to survive. Over time, “reciprocating” became a habit, reinforced by customs and tribal authorities (including mom.)
3. Winter Solstice celebrations have many different names around the world. December is the month of the year most cultures exchange gifts. The natural cycle of the sun and changing seasons is ancient and marked in stone (Stone Henge, Great Pyramid, Mayan Temples, to name a few.) The Winter Solstice (about December 21st) is the – longest night, shortest day. It is “the return of the light” - the point that the sun “turns” and days become longer, and nights shorter. Historically it is the most celebrated time of year.
4. Social conditioning and appropriating the Gift Giving custom. Does “gifting” make you feel uncomfortable? Here’s why. All human behavior is genetic: Patterns from long ago still control life for most people. Studies show that 90% of the population simply follow others or old subconscious habits, and do not make decisions for themselves. Giving gifts and reciprocating is one such social patterns (there are many.)
5. The benefits of gift giving: Receiving back more than you give is automatic. Use the same response the wealthy use to generate good will, build your self-esteem and extend the spirit of cooperation. Your attracting power opens up possibilities and inspires you. Gifting is a Win-Win situation! Giving and receiving are the same. As you give – you feel and resonate - “having more than enough” and feelings of “sharing and loving.” The one receiving resonates back “gratitude” to you. Even small gifts open your heart and warm your spirit – and the receiver too. Soon you’re attracting more experiences you appreciate. Soon it’s a vicious cycle of finding more and more fun stuff to be grateful for.