Your wedding day is coming, and this is a day that is all about the two of you. Nothing should take away from that. After speaking to some wedding coordinators and being in the wedding business for over 10 years, I have made a list of must have essentials to help enure you a perfect wedding day. This is the Bridal Emergency kits that every bride should have!
Personal Items – Should be tailored to the bride. You know her perfect bridal perfume and what type of hair spray she prefers. Such a essential list that is so easy to forget!
- Deodorant – spray works best because it can be used my more that just the bride.
- hair essentials – hair spray, hair gel, brush, comb, hair pins
- makeup – lipstick in a neutral color that will look great on anybody, someones lipstick is bound to be smeared, and mascara is a must if you dont have a makeup artist on hand.
- feminine products
- eye drops or contact solutions
- A hanky – to carry down the aisle
Essential Wedding Related Items
The first thing that needs to be on this list is a no brainer for me,
- Safety pens!!!
You have no idea how often I have had a bride, bridesmaid, Mother of the Bride, or aunt, uncle, distant cousin running up to me for safety pens. These are the duck tape of weddings. They do it all. From holding the flower girls dress up because it doesn’t fit her to repairing the small tear in the dress that uncle Bob stepped on when he was trying to make a dive for the beer someone was holding for him outside of the bridal suite. I am not creative enough to make this one up!
In addition to Safety pens, I suggest the following!
Apparel Related Items
There are many mishaps that can take place with the apparel of the wedding party, particularly the wedding dress. A stain or tear in these items would be disastrous on the special day. That is why the emergency wedding kit should also contain a list of items that can be used to repair or replace items that get ruined.
- Extra nail polish of the brides choosing
- Small sewing kit
- stain remover
- white chalk to cover stains on brides white dress
- fashion tape – 2 sided tape that keeps away unwanted fashion feax pas.
- Medications are so important, and so easy to forget on any hectic day. Any med’s the bride, groom or any member of the wedding party should be added to ensure that they have these medications on the day of the wedding. Allergies are especially important, especially if it is an outdoor wedding or reception.
- Smelling salts shout be added to medications as well. It is fairly common for someone to pass out. All it takes is for someone to lock their legs straight and not move, add to that heat from being outside and not eating due to nerves, and smelling salts may be the best thing you decided to bring along.
- Tylenol – tensions are high and pressure is on.
Miscellaneous emergency items
Other items that do not fall into the categories above may be forgotten in the hectic environment of the day as well. These items are often important and could cause the wedding to come to a standstill without them. These items include:
- extra cash for emergencies
- Rings – you may not be in charge of the actual wedding rings, but you would be amazed at how often they get left behind. Having cheap spares for the ceremony may just save the day.
- Iron or steamer.
- A list of important phone numbers.
- Mints, toothbrush, toothpaste, and mouthwash.
- Granola bars or other easy-to-carry snacks
- Crazy Glue (for nail fixes, shoe heels, decorations, even jewels)
It is generally the maid of honor who is in charge of the bridal emergency kit, which is perfect! You have all the bridesmaids to help you put this incredibly thoughful basket together!
Happy days and beautiful weddings to you from MD Resort, North Fort Worth Texas!