How long have you been with your sweetheart? You two love eachother very much and have probably had the conversation about marriage, but let’s face it: weddings can be expensive! Lucky for you, MD Resort has several elopement packages for you and your honey to have the wedding of your dreams without having to make a gaping hole in your bank account. If you need just an elopement venue, or maybe an all-inclusive ceremony and honeymoon, we can customize a package for your needs!
Take some advice from Rascal Flatts:
“Why wait another minute
For somethin’ we should’a done yesterday?
I know a little church
With a preacher who could hook us up right away
Love don’t need a reason
Baby I don’t see how I could love you anymore than I do today
So why wait
Now I love your mama, let’s save her some trouble
And your daddy won’t mind if we save him a bundle
Girl it just so happens, that ring that you wanted
Well guess what I bought it
It’s in my pocket baby, come on!”
5 quick ideas and tips for planning your elopement:
- Go with local and/or seasonal flowers – local florists may offer discounts for flowers that they already have in stock.
- Ask for an elopement ceremony – venues will often charge have a basic wedding charge intended for bigger ceremonies & receptions, so make sure the event planner knows exactly what you want to get the best deal you can!
- Get married on a weekday – since there will be relatively few people attending your ceremony, choose to have your ceremony between Sunday and Thursday for a special discount.
- Get the groom involved – big weddings can be intimidating for grooms. Small weddings and elopements are much easier to prepare for, so start your marriage by working together to create your wedding!
- Put your wedding online for those who cannot attend – even though you want to keep the actual event private, your friends and family will want to feel involved. So, have a video and pictures online for them to see.