A Wild West Itinerary
Day One in Justin, TX
- 9am Enjoy a hot, fresh home cooked meal at MD Resort
- Take a drive down FM 407 into the small country town of Justin
- Take a tour of the famous Justin Boots Factory. You just might get to see good ole George Strait since he has been known to show up out of no where.
- Try on some boots, hats, jeans, and shirts from the outlet store for Justin Boots.
- Drive on back to break in the new gear at MD Resort with a walk around the property.
- Then enjoy a nice country dinner here at the Resort with a *campfire to make s-mores.
Day Two in Grapevine,TX
- 9am Enjoy another Texas hardy breakfast at MD Resort
- Take a drive on down to Grapevine to take a trip to the wild west at the Grapevine Opry
- After the show drive on down to Historic Downtown Grapevine and enjoy the western shops.
- Then drive back to MD Resort for a home cooked dinner and some practice roping on the property
Day Three and Four in the Stockyards
- 9am Home cooked breakfast at MD Resort
- Take a drive to the Ft Worth Stockyards and jump on the Stockyard Station
- Visit the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame
- Visit the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Visit the Stockyard Museum
- Visit the Log Cabin Village
- Drive on back to MD Resort for another home cooked meal and some wild west showdown movies.
Day Five at the Stockyards
- 9 am home cooked meal at MD Resort
- Spend the day playing with the animals or the pool.
- Enjoy a hot lunch at MD Resort
- Get on your western gear and drive back on down to the Stockyards
- Enjoy the Stockyard Championship Rodeo every Friday and Saturday night
- After the rodeo grab some homemade ice cream or fresh coffee and drive back to MD Resort
- Have a nice relaxing evening star-gazing in the big country sky.
Additional Activities: Rockin Rodeo, Billy Bob’s Texas, Electric Cowboy
*Buy some bandanas and Straw Cowboy hats here at MD Resort (Prices may vary). Check our Vacation Packages and Lodging for pricing on accommodations.